Egypt Tours With GoBeyond Tours   Live Chat With GoBeyond Tours
Follow Us
Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Blog  
+20 100 407 4144 +20 100 407 4144
+20 122 644 9847 +20 122 644 9847

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player


Egypt Flag | Egypt Map | Egypt Practical Information | Egypt General Information

Egypt Practical information

Obtain visa in advance unless you are traveling only to the Eastern Coast of Sinai from the Taba Terminal (10 km. south of Eilat).

General Regulations
Non-Egyptian visitors arriving in Egypt are required to be in possession of a minimum 6 months valid passport. Entry visas may be obtained from Egyptian Diplomatic and Consular Missions abroad or from the Entry Visa Department at the Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA). It is, however, possible for most tourists and visitors to obtain an entry visa at any of the major ports of entry. Please check with the nearest Egyptian Consulate for specific details and regulations relevant to your nationality. Although we will be constantly updating the content of our information, it is the responsibility of the traveler to check that the below regulations are still valid. In case of any doubt please contact the Egyptian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Remember you will need to carry your passport with you at all times. If you are traveling between Red Sea cities or to a national park in Egypt, it is especially important to have your passport to be able to enter and cross possible check points between cities.

There are three types of Egyptian visa
Tourist Visa: is usually valid for a period of 30 days and granted on either single or multiple entry basis.
• Entry Visa: is required for any foreigner arriving in Egypt for purposes other than tourism, (e.g. work, study, etc.); the possession of a valid Entry Visa is needed to complete the residence procedure in Egypt.
Transit Vis: In case your nation is not on the list of countries that need a pre-arrival-visa (please see list below), you can get your visa when you arrive in Egypt. The process is straightforward. You have to buy "visa stamps" for the amount of the fee required for your nationality. These fees vary from 15 to 50 US$ and cannot be paid in Egyptian pounds. The stamps are stuck in your passport and you can proceed to the customs desk.

Nationalities that need pre-arrival visa
Most European citizens can purchase an entry or tourist visa upon arrival in Egypt. Citizens of the following countries though are required to be in possession of a pre-arrival visa:

:: All African countries
:: Afghanistan
:: Armenia
:: Azerbaijan
:: Bangladesh
:: Bosnia and ::Herzegovina
:: Chechnya
:: Croatia
:: Georgia
:: India
:: Indonesia
:: Iran
:: Iraq
:: Israel
:: Kazakhstan

:: Kyrgyzstan
:: Lebanon
:: Macau
:: Macedonia
:: Moldova
:: Pakistan
:: Palestine
:: Philippines
:: Serbia and Montenegro
:: Sri Lanka
:: Tajikistan
:: Thailand
:: Turkey
:: Turkmenistan
:: Uzbekistan

To apply for a visa, please contact the nearest Egyptian consulate. For a list of all diplomatic missions, see the Egyptian ministry of foreign affairs' website. Your application requires the following documents:
A passport that is valid for at least another six months
one passport-sized photograph
a completed application form
the visa fee depends on your nationality. South African and Sudanese citizens pay no fee; others pay between 20 and 60 US$. A tourist visa is valid for three months from the date of issue and allows you to stay in Egypt for 30 days from the date of your arrival

Passports and Identity Cards
all nationalities, except for Italian and German, need a passport with minimum 6 months validity.
Italian and German citizens can enter Egypt with their identity cards; the identity card must be valid for travel abroad and have a minimum validity of at least 6 months from arrival date. In such a case visitors need to have:
- 2 recent pictures
- 1 photocopy of the identity card
upon arrival (or during the flight) they will be asked to fill in a form that will be handed over in the customs desk.
Children must be in their parents’ passport or being in possession of their own passport or (for Italian and German citizens) identity card valid for travel abroad.
If the child is more than 10 years old, a recent picture must be on parents’ passport. Children more than 11 years old cannot be in parent’s passport and need a personal passport.
Build Your Trip
Full Name
Phone --
Adults (12+)
Children Age
My Trip
Associated With
The World Tourism Organization The American Society of Travel Agents The American Society of Travel Agents Green The Egyptian Travel Agent Association The International Air Transport Association  The SKAL International Association The International Organization for E – Tourism  
Sign-up and Join our Mailing List


Egypt Tour Packages


Egypt Day Tours


Egypt Shore Excursions


Egypt Hotels


Egypt Nile Cruises






Travel Insurance